Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Letter to Our New Arrival

My dearest Xbox One,

8 hours remain until I finally get to meet you, and I’ve never been so excited.  We talk about you every day – you already have many friends who are also anxious to finally see you in person. I can’t wait to hold you to my chest for the very first time, get you connected, and hear you wake up. And your dad, well – he sprang up early this morning to prepare the room for you. If it were possible for anyone to be more excited than I am, your dad would be the one. He’s been bragging about you nonstop for months!

Your older brother is relieved that you’re coming, too. He’s getting a bit old, you see, as he’s the only one of your siblings still standing. He’s put on quite a few miles over the years. We modified him a long time ago, so he can prepare you for that. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine – it’s a routine surgery. And you’ll be able to do even more after it’s done. Think of it as a coming of age ceremony.

You also will have friends, and you’ll get to travel! That’s going to be fun…you’ll be able to play alongside your rival. I doubt you two are going to go at it like your parents have been, though. Something tells me you have far too much in common to be enemies.  

I should warn you – beware the kitties. Charlie, he won’t bother you much, since he’s almost as old as your brother, but Larry is going to play with you every once in a while. He might just push a few of your buttons, but he really means no harm. Those two are real sweethearts and you’ll come to enjoy their company.

Well, it’s wrapping up time, and I need to finish preparing for your arrival. I can barely sit still! We’ll be there at midnight to welcome you to the world with open arms!

Love,

Mom 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Just want to say hi? Comment below!