Sunday, November 17, 2013

What Is The Common Sense Review?

Five years ago, I emerged on the blogging scene, with no idea of how to manage an online diary. In fact, I used it as such for months, posting highly personal information and random irrelevant tidbits of life (think, Facebook statuses as blog posts). I called it Common Sense is Not So Common - something my boss used to say to me often, as a way to remind me not to assume that everyone understands what I'm talking about, and to tailor my communication habits accordingly.

Over time, I started writing about more current events, products, and music that I liked. I found other blogs, and they found mine, and we created a circle. We all would check and comment on each other's blogs daily. I am happy to say I am still friends with many of those people, even though they live around the world. 

Tides rise and fall. New things become old. And so Common Sense Is Not So Common was neglected, forgotten in the dusty cobwebbed corners of the internet. 

I've since started, and subsequently deleted, a number of blogs. I hadn't realized how hard it is to get a new one off the ground. There's a blog by this same name that I started a few years ago, in an attempt to create a purely professional review site. It was also a bit of a WordPress experiment; I wanted to see if I would get used to the platform. 

I didn't. And now, I'm starting fresh again

So what is The Common Sense Review?

It can be hard to find truly unbiased, easy to read reviews on the internet. Often, reviews are written in a fit of fury; many are paid reviews, and sometimes the reviewer has not even touched the product. Others are written in terminology that can be difficult for the average person to understand without a lot of research. 

I want to end that. 

I want to help people determine if a product is right for them, not whether the "popular crowd" says it's the cool thing to have. I want to give detailed, but clear and concise, descriptions of products and their everyday applicable uses. And I want to keep you from being taken advantage of by people who know you're not an expert in the product you're looking for. 

Plus, I'm willing to try anything. I'll take the risk so you don't have to. 

Interested? Stick around. I'll make it worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Just want to say hi? Comment below!