It was a new comment on my very first blog baby, Common Sense Is Not So Common. The subject was a post in which I described my difficulty remembering a piano song I'd once played well, and how I was able to remember it by letting go of my thoughts.
I re-read the post and was struck by what I saw. It was so heartfelt, so descriptive - so unlike anything I've written in a very long time.
I miss that.
The best part about writing is the ability to share a story, to put readers where you are, and to make them feel what you feel. I've been too busy trying to instruct, trying to push my opinion. It happens.
So, I'm closing my eyes and writing from the heart, just like I used to. I'm allowing the words to flow directly from my brain to my fingers with no sensory interruptions to skew my thoughts, no external influences to change my words. No invisible fears to keep me from hitting the "post" button.
The weight of a thousand worlds is lifting off my shoulders.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Agree? Disagree? Just want to say hi? Comment below!